LDJAM: Passive Aggressive Roommate Wars
LD37 - "One Room"
"Passive Aggressive Roommate Wars" - a 3D "Spot the differences" game.
- WASD - move
- click to select differences
- Esc - pause
You have a summer internship at a company with housing. You end up having to share a studio one room with a random roommate working a different shift than you....and they keep moving your stuff.
Unity5.3 and a bunch of free asset store assets
- my alt title: Trying to get glow outlines to work on models in webgl unity F-ing sucks
- Resorted to just using a text label when hovering
- Only had two days on this one.
- This jam instead of learning a new tool since I've recently been teaching teenagers I tried to
- do things a new user would do, namely just get things from the asset store and tutorials rather than my usual
- learned habits of grabbing opengameart 2D content. I realized about 20 minutes in this goal was not very possible since I can't unlearn things I know, so back to just watching for common student mistakes.
Things I learned:
- still hard to get a consistent theme/tone from asset store models
- multicam views and Render-To-Texture in unity is easy.
- WebGL stealthy doesn't support post fx like glows, and most internet tutorials are mostly DX.
Things that got cut due to running out of time:
- Add floaty text ( or just timed subtitles of clever funny things )
- Spam click protection ( part of floaty text )
- Particles on clicking
Try the download versions if you're having trouble with WebGL
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.